Beta Bios Problem?

PaperPlunger

In Runtime
Ok, so I reinstalled my water cooling, and instantly afterwards started getting problems... This might be purely coincidental, but I just want to make sure, and if my suspicion is correct, the whole problem belongs to the beat bios crashing at the wrong time.

After I installed my LCU, I turned my pc back on, and after the Logo screen for the A8N-SLI-Premium, there is a screen in which it finds all the devices connected to the computer. The little white blinking cursor thingy usually just blinks at the bottom of the screen for a second or two, and then goes to the XP loading screen. Now here's where my problem was, and I'm not sure if it's still there because I'm too afraid to restart my pc... lol

The cursor then displays a really sketchy string of characters, ones I've never seen before, not even in character map. It just displays this for a few seconds, about 5, then the computer turns off. Any key you hit at this time just repeats that string. So, at first I thought I had damaged my cpu, either cleaning thermal paste off of it, or tightening the water block too much, but I decided to try something I thought was futile. I reset the motherboard, and I started my computer and everything worked well.

I opened nTune, and quickly did a 20 minute auto tune (coarse), and I had to reboot, so I did. The same thing happened with teh string of code, and I reset mobo, then everything worked out. Now I'm sitting here wondering what the problem is. I have Asus's 1302 Beta BIOS for my mobo, and I'm wondering if that's the problem, maybe it doesn't like my Oc'ing? Or it just sucks? Because I was not oc'ing when I installed the LCU, since the pc was of... lol. So what could be the problem that's making this happen? I have no errors while running, just that problem, and it's small, but I don't like it, it could be a major problem.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Sorry for the long post, I just like to make sure you guys and gals have all the info I know about the problem before I ask you (sometimes I forget some :p )

i'd start by uninstalling ntune. I've had problems with it messing my bios, even when i didn't touch ntune. looking online i've found its not that un-common of a problem. uninstall it if you can, and see how things go.

i'd start by uninstalling ntune. I've had problems with it messing my bios, even when i didn't touch ntune. looking online i've found its not that un-common of a problem. uninstall it if you can, and see how things go.

I really like it though! lol

You say you never opened it and sometimes it screwed with it? Because prior to this new install of nTune, I never really used it, I had the older version before. I wasn't sure, because the BIOS install is pretty new, and it's beta, so that's where my mind went first.

I don't blame you for likeing it. I miss the temp monitoring it had. I have yet to find somethign i like as much. However it made me mad when i would restart with having touched any ntune related program and my bois would be effed.

You could try a new flash of a non-beta bios, but no matter what i'd get rid of ntune.

Ok, I was uninstalling it as I read that post. It just had so many features for oc'ing etc, but I just got my computer to freeze while playing bf2142, and that's never happened before, so I'm just gonna hope uninstalling it fixed it.

Thanks for the help :D

Never EVER flash a computer with Beta BIOSes. Those ROMS can be not stable, depending on the config.

I got them from the Asus site, but I admit, I was cautious about it, and just decided to try it. I have gotten a performance boost form it, my RAM is a bit faster it seems. To reflash it I have to use a dos flasher, because Asus Live-Update won't flash it backwards.

ehh, I read up on the ntune, and I wasn't even using it to oc when it was freaking out, now that ntune is gone, it seems much more stable.

Does anyone know of any programs that are excellent for pci-e oc'ing and oc'ing gpu's?

Thanks all for your help too.

coolbits is supposed to be good for oc'ing gpus. Glad to hear that soo far things seem better without ntune.

Back
Top Bottom