Best way to back up a hard drive??

Half Evil

Golden Master
Ive use 16.5 gigabyes of hard drive space, and, what is the best, or easiest way to back it all up?

16.5 gigs? Whew, that's a lot. You can use a few blank DVDs or buy an external hard drive (it's nice when you need to image a drive or doing a reformat on external drives) for temp backup purposes.

Either burn it onto dvd's, get an external and back it there, or get a second hd and set up raid 1 for data backup, where everything one hd is on a second one too, exactly. OS and all.

Im thinking the Dvd idea is easer. Although im not sure if i have a Dvd write drive...

Look at your specs... or your dvd drive. if it says dvd rw +/- or something like that... you're good... if not, if you have a cd burner only.... that's a lotta cd's man...

well on the front of the tray, it says like Cd burner r/w, ultraspeed.. but would everest show.

I don't think so... it's not a dvd burner if that's all it says... sorry dude... either cd's, external hd, or internal hd. Or, if you're really desperate and can spare room, partition the same hd and just back up your stuff on the same one, but, however, is nothing really better... lol....

its a 160gb, so i mean im obviously not gonna use it all. and i dont know how to partition one.. so im screwed, lol thanks anyway. its not a neccessity, i was just wondering. :D

Sooner or later ill probably make a thread about hard drive partitioning.. and Jac.. get ur ass on aim real fast...

Back
Top Bottom