best to wait? (graphic card)
so i am thinking of replacing my X1950, and i was seeing some cards on newegg, and it seems that the 3xxx series are pretty cheap, i was looking at the sapphire one for about $170, Sapphire HD 3870, 512 MB GDDR4, 256 Bit.
but as i was researching, i found that theres going to be a new series coming out, the ati HD 4xxx series coming out this/next month.
should i get this card anytime soon (around this to next week)
or should i wait till the 4xxx series come out, and "try" to get a 4xxx, but might only be able to get a low end, since i am only willing to pay $170 since i need a new MOBO, when i buy a new card.
or wait till the 4xxx series come out, and see if the 3xxx series get a price drop. will there be a price drop?
and as for a mobo, might take me awhile to get crossfire, or might not be able to seeing how fast the graphics card generation go by. I only had my X1950 for 6 months..... so should i get one with 2 pci 2.0 slots, or 1 pci 2.0 slot?
i am only thinking of getting a new card and mobo, so please do not suggest me any other upgrades for now.
i am going to use my current build (on my sig)
not sure about the compatibility on them, but i will post links of what i am thinking of getting later since i am currently at school, and takes time to copy and paste link on a mac...
thanks in advance
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit