Best upgrade possible.

Holysky

Fully Optimized
You guys may have known that i was looking for a new video card recently, but my parents recently have had a lawsuit settled and we have some spare money... Don't worry as in "I'm not helping you because it's your parents money" It's a graduation gift and let's just say the money we received is in the 6 digits.

But now, looking to upgrade my system for around 300 dollars. I can stretch it to possibly 400-425 using my own money to. I have my opinions on what i should do, but i was wondering what you guys would recommend. I am just tired of my Gaming PC from yesteryear lagging horribly in newer games such as DiRT 2, Crysis, Battlefield 2, and even in COD 4 which isn't even that resourceful.

System is in specs.

I would get a 5850 and see if I can possibly get a SSD in the $425 range too... 64 Gig SSD should be around $150 5850 maybe another $300

Wait, you ordered an HD5850 right? Is this 400-425 additional? Or did you cancel the HD5850?

I never ordered a 5850

And yes i moved out of the ghetto and into the wilderness... 8 acres of land only thing that can bother me is the deer and the freaking river monsters.

I never ordered a 5850

WTF!? Who ordered the HD5850? I remember reading something on Random Chit Chat about someone ordering a 5850.

At any rate, I would order the 5850 and that Core 2 Quad you listed. You'd be spending about $450 total, maybe slightly more. If all you do is play games though, you might want to consider the E7600. Stock clock speed is listed at 3.06GHz. If it's anything like the E8400, it should OC to at least 4Ghz.

Back
Top Bottom