Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-26-2006, 11:32 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default Best Remote Administration

I've spent a while wondering what kind of programs I should invest my time in because I want to do everything remotely and stay connected, but I realized I don't have to worry about as many things if I get one thing that can do a lot. Sorry for being vague.

Anyways, I've decided that the best way to do everything is to just be able to remotely access my computer's hardware, software, and desktop. So what I need is something that will let me access my hardware, letting me access things like my harddrive that my files are on, and letting me control peripherals like my webcam and printer, and something that will access my desktop, so I can actually work on my pc remotely, and maybe print from a remote desktop to a printer nearby me, or drag and drop files from the remote window to the pc I'm using to access it.

I know a few remote things that will let me access software like remote utorrent and aim so I don't need to worry about that. I know that there are many programs that do some of these things, but I don't know if there is one that does everything, or which is best.

So I guess I need to know what is the best way to be able to
View and control my desktop remotely
Access my files
Control my hardware
Hopefully without installing software. If I can do these three things from a browser that would be great.
Can anyone help?

EddieVanZant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:02 PM   #2
Golden Master
Default Re: Best Remote Administration

How about something like this?

Remote Computer Support Software

Symantec PC Anywhere

*Fact: Microsoft Window's Blue Screen of Death vs Computerforums.org's White Screen of Death. Which is worse?
ISOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 02:21 PM   #3
In Runtime
Default Re: Best Remote Administration

VNC would be the best way to go. Its free and easy to setup.

Desktop: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ - 1.6ghz | MSI KT4-Ultra Motherboard |ATI Radeon Powercolor x850 XT 256mb DDR3 | 400gb HDD space |1gb PC2700 DDR SDRAM.
Laptop: AMD Sempron 3200+ - 1.6ghz | ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 - 128mb | 100gb PATA HDD | 1gb DDR2 RAM.
jamieoliver22 is offline   Reply With Quote