best quality for mpeg from .vob?

Mr. Pittman

Beta member
Hi all, I have looked everywhere to try and find out what the best configuration/ripper software/conversion software/ or what have you, is to get the best possible quality mpeg from a dvd (.vob). all i could find were ways to compress dvds to fit on different things, but my goal has nothing to do with size, i just want the best video quality available.

is there a certain ripper i should use for the first step from dvd to hard drive? I use dvd decrypter or dvd shrink now.

after that im having trouble figuring out what .vob to mpeg conversion software, and codec, will give me the best possible video quality, i dont care about the size or how long it takes to encode, just the quality. also i would have no problem just using the original .vob file, but i would need a good program to edit and join files, i want to make a movie from different seens, to play in a dvd player, thanks ..... sorry for the long post

You can open .vob files on a PC? That would be the best format for it. I've never seen a program whi h turns .vobs into any kind of .mpeg.

I have used Intervideo WinDVD or Cyberlink PowerDVD or just Divx player to open .vob files on my pc. Works fine, you just cant use the DVD features is all.

Back
Top Bottom