best processor for abit nft-s2

bio_zombie

Beta member
What's the best processor I can get for my abit nf7-s2 that would be in the $200-$300 price range? I know it's socket A 462 and I've been looking but don't know if amd's duron or xp processors would be best. I do video editing and video game playing on my comp. Also what would be good memory to buy. I currently have a gig of pc2100, is pc3200 my best bet to go with? Any help and feedback would be great :)

my current processor i'm unsure of what it is. When i bought it from dit he didn't say what it was and I didn't get it in a box but in a lil package. When I run cpu-z it says athlon mp, family 6, model 8. Thanks.

well since it's a socket A 462 you can get any xp or sempron processor for it, it's up to you, they will be wayyyy under 300 bucks. as for the memory, I'd get some pc3200 as long as the motherboard supports it.

which would be better for me though the xp or sempron? What's the difference with them? I edit video and play games so 1 might be geared towards that but which one?

get a mobile athlon xp and overclock it. I heard the 35 watt 2500+ OC's the best. As for the RAM get RAM that has 2-2-2-5 timings.

why wouldnt u just get teh athlon xp 3200+ barton core, or is it a laptop or something...i dunno what MP is

MP is for servers and getting a 3200 is also okay if you dont want to OC. 2500+ mobile can go to 2.5ghz on air.

Thanks guys for the help. I'll get the athlon xp. No it's not a laptop it's a pc. What's that part about the 2-2-2-5 memory?

Which processor did you get? Sometimes the athlon xp processors have problems running memory faster than their fsb, try lowering the fsb setting to 333 FSB if you got one of the barton core processors (one with a 333 FSB), or 266 FSB if you got an older athlon xp and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom