best performing windows

well ill have another look (my sources are a secret lol). my old pc is seriously bust atm. i might do the good old trick of installing xp on the hdd so i can then re partition the dirves which i messed up. i love playing around with it hehe. i might di it tomoz actually

Even though my computer can handle full GUI settings, I have it on reletiviely low anyway. Purely for performance than anything with opening windows/start menu, etc.

Thats the problem with software effects, its pretty slow.

I'm pretty sure with the right 3D card, Viesta will be 5x faster at the effects part.

As for the new format in Viesta, I believe it won't be ready for its release, but it should just be availble for an update...
Though, saying that, wouldn't that mean a whole entire format of the drive to the new standard?

Kage said:
Even though my computer can handle full GUI settings, I have it on reletiviely low anyway. Purely for performance than anything with opening windows/start menu, etc.

Thats the problem with software effects, its pretty slow.

I'm pretty sure with the right 3D card, Viesta will be 5x faster at the effects part.

As for the new format in Viesta, I believe it won't be ready for its release, but it should just be availble for an update...
Though, saying that, wouldn't that mean a whole entire format of the drive to the new standard?
not 2 be offensive but i think it's spelled vista... yup, vista. unless u have a reason for spelling it that way? http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/experiences/experienceit.mspx

dude1234 said:
@bigbondfan, have you got a copy of 3.1? i dunno if its legal or not to share it but id love to try it out lol and i cant find it anywhere (found one but needed a load of floppys to install, although that shouldnt be a probllem for me now, but i cant find it again).
i put win3.1 install on a cd and it works fine...

no i mean is it legal to share the installation files. oh nm. you sent me that thing yet?

it's still illegal to download 3.1 for free... but nobody cares any more. you can pick up 3.1 off ebay cheap. ps pm'd you a link...

ok wiked. ill try and fix my old pc 2moz then install it. i have no working os on it and partitions are all messed up so only 13.9mb free on each and something and the floppy drive only works on that pc hahaha so cant create partition magic boot disk... hmmm this is a pickle hehe.

Back
Top Bottom