best performing windows

my old pc has an athlon 500mhz, 320mb ram (was 192mb) and has xp home. it runs fine. windows 2k will be that bit speedier though and it is still a stable os.

dude1234 said:
my old pc has an athlon 500mhz, 320mb ram (was 192mb) and has xp home. it runs fine. windows 2k will be that bit speedier though and it is still a stable os.
sticking with 2k now. it says in you sig you've got vista (i assume it's a beta?) :p
1) what's it like?
2) how did you get it?

bigbondfan said:
sticking with 2k now. it says in you sig you've got vista (i assume it's a beta?) :p
1) what's it like?
2) how did you get it?
i can answer # 2 for u, this might not have been his method but microsoft has a beta ISO on their website 2 download for free according 2 some1 at work

So is there actually a diff betwin win xp pro and home edition? like for gaming...etc is there a big diff?

MALOI98 said:
So is there actually a diff betwin win xp pro and home edition? like for gaming...etc is there a big diff?

not for gaming theres no diff.
@bigbondfan, yeah i got vista off a mate who got it off the m$ website, its beta. its ok. my pc isnt the best but can run it fine. the built in media center will come in useful one day and the whole gui is nice to use. id only recommend having it along side xp for now. i dont use vista as much now. i just find xp has all my progs on and stuff so i cba to fully set up vista. its still a nice os. ask if you want screenshots of anything

Back
Top Bottom