Best Mouse

The Razr Diamondback is suppose to be the best from reviews, but personally, I never used one before. I'be noticed that optical mouses are all getting better ratings than laser. Hmmmm.....

I don't care though. I still prefer the Logitech G5 and the G7's laser mouse. Laser has better accuracy than optical mouse.

laser doesnt always have better accuracy. a lot of optical mice outperform laser mice. Razer mice are very nice if you have the right sized hands. For me, i love my razer diamondback. Its so easy to use and just glides right along.

I can honestly say iv'e never had an expensive mouse....and all have been excellent, my most recent, a Logitech EX110 (its a wireless mouse and keyboard combo)....i hate that mouse, and it wasnt cheap either lol....went to eBay, brought a cheapo wireless with a cradle, works perfect, and games just as good as ive seen other, more expensive ones...

Matt

i got a g5 and i love it... the teflon pads under it are soooo smooth... however i felt a tear coming when i read that testing thing... so sad i love such a shitty mouse... jk it works for me

What I mean by accuracy is that laser can be used on virtually any surface while the optical mouse is limited. I should know because of my situation.

I have a mx1000 loved it ever since i got it. one bad side to it is that i have to have the wireless reciever within a foot from it as i notice tiny little lags in the mouse when its any given lenght anyway from it. almost makes its pointles being wireless

hmph! I bought a G5 because I thought it was one of the best out there for the money. No i think I'm regretting it (only in comparison to the other mice anyhow).

I've had it for a little more than a month, and have never experienced a problem with it, I like the weights and the adjustable DPI is a feature which I really do use. The mouse's feel is nice once you get used to how to hold it, but other than that, it's a downright great mouse. Now I think I could get a better mouse for less money, but I don't reall figure like sending it back to newegg, because it does work perfectly well.

The MX518 is a very nice mouse, I have used them, and never experienced a problem with it either (it was at a LAN party, so I was using it for a long time straight). The G5 moved prematurely ONCE, but only a little to the left, and ended up aiming at an enemy player in AA.... so it wasn't much of a loss lol.

If you don't want to waste money on the G5, which is very reccomended now that I see the comparisons, I think I would go for the MX518, because the MX500 looks a bit odd, and the 518 is an ergonomic mouse, with no tracked malfunction point (> 4.50m/s).

Anyhow, all in all, I reccomend the MX518, because I love the feel, it never malfunctions and has quite a few buttons. Plus it looks hawt.

I wonder if it has anything to do with it being wireless or wired too. But the new G7 claims this:

"Full-speed USB + 2.4 GHz cordless that is 4X faster than conventional mice, USB delivers blazing speed and instant acceleration. With a 5X** stronger connection, 2.4 GHz wireless "bulletproofs" the G7 against lags and interference dropouts."

WHen I saw that at the time, I knew I had to have it. Laser and wireless. Sure enough, they kept to their word. The only thing is that it doesn't have a "Forward" button on it which sucks. The rechargeable lithium ion packs are a nice touch and hot swappable. I'm not sure how the cost measure up to the Razor, but if you're going to go with the G5--the G7 is a nice upgrade. Otherwise if the price is a little steep, perhaps the MX518 is a great deal as everyone has mentioned.

TBH I find that my regular microsoft intellimouse is good enough for anything that I want to do...

it's fast and accurate enough for gaming, (optical mice are accurate enough for gaming, the only time you'll need a more accurate mouse is likely for technical drawing or simillar).

but it's also accurate enough for that too...

and five button mice are generally just nice to use cause of the forward backwards thing in browsers,

Back
Top Bottom