Best Laptop within My Budget?

That one linked from Officeworks has 1GB dedicated graphics and 4GB ram but there is a spare slot to put another 4GB in.

Any other recommendations guys? It's not that I don't trust your judgement BK, I just want to see if other people agree.

Best Laptop for under $800? :)

Well I like HP laptops. The pavilion g6 models are rather good but not sure if they are in your price range.

Also the newer Sony range seems good on paper but not sure what they are like in real life and again might be out of your price range.

Mossiac

Just being honest: Your desired specs do not match your price range.

Gaming laptops are traditionally much more expensive. Not because of the technological barrier to providing dedicated graphics, but simply because manufacturers know they can charge more for them. If you want a laptop for gaming, you're going to need to save a little more money. I personally have a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga as my laptop and use my desktop as the primary gaming rig. Just kind of how the industry is at this point. Dedicated graphics == increased cost. You'll be hard pressed to find a gaming laptop for under a grand.

There are a few on Newegg.com that meet your specs and price:
Newegg.com - DELL Inspiron i15RMT-17293sLV Intel Core i7 3537U(2.00GHz) 8GB Memory 1TB HDD 15.6" Touchscreen Notebook Windows 8
Newegg.com - Acer Aspire V5-572G-6679 Intel Core i5 3337U(1.80GHz) 6GB Memory 500GB HDD 15.6" Notebook Windows 8

But they are on special right now. Unless you find a good sale (as above), you may need to increase your budget.

Just as Ipwn mentions it is difficult to find a gaming laptop for under 1000$. My advice would be to either save up money for a laptop with higher specs or simply make the best with what you've got right now. My experience with Minecraft tells me that no high-spec computer is needed. Go for a medium graphics card, medium processor and not more than 4GB RAM. You won't be needing more than that in my opinion.

I personally prefer gaming on a desktop. Bigger screen and better cooling. But if you want portability go for a laptop with the specs mentioned before in this thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom