Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #11
Gun
Baseband Member
 
Gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 24
Default Re: Best Laptop within My Budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_123 View Post
Also if you not keen on the idea of Wjndows 8 (I love it ) you can install Windows 7.
I've never actually used Windows 8, but I might give it a go. I heard 8.1 made some great improvements on 8.
__________________

Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:51 AM   #12
Golden Master
 
BK_123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,528
Default Re: Best Laptop within My Budget?

Yes with the return of the start button which I wasn't fussed about having or not. It's a great OS if your have tablet, desktop or laptop with touchscreen but not very good for non touch-screens but I found it alright, I plan to get it for my laptop soon..
__________________

BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #13
Gun
Baseband Member
 
Gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 24
Default Re: Best Laptop within My Budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_123 View Post
Yes with the return of the start button which I wasn't fussed about having or not. It's a great OS if your have tablet, desktop or laptop with touchscreen but not very good for non touch-screens but I found it alright, I plan to get it for my laptop soon..
Sounds good!

So what would you go in this situation, wait till I can buy a laptop worth 900-1300 or just get this Acer or Asus now?
Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #14
Golden Master
 
BK_123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,528
Default Re: Best Laptop within My Budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun View Post
Sounds good!

So what would you go in this situation, wait till I can buy a laptop worth 900-1300 or just get this Acer or Asus now?
Well if you are really wanting one and cannot wait I'd get either one of the laptops I suggested or save your penny's.
BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #15
Gun
Baseband Member
 
Gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 24
Default Re: Best Laptop within My Budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_123 View Post
Well if you are really wanting one and cannot wait I'd get either one of the laptops I suggested or save your penny's.
Exactly. I'll probably be really irrational and buy the Acer, they regret it later on. But it should be fine, it looks like a good laptop. Can you link me an unboxing/review video of that exact laptop? When I searched it not much seemed to come up.
Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #16
Golden Master
 
BK_123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,528
Default Re: Best Laptop within My Budget?

If you want to read non video reviews Let me google that for you and unboxing list of results https://www.google.com.au/#newwindow...fe=off&tbm=vid
BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #17
Gun
Baseband Member
 
Gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 24
Default Re: Best Laptop within My Budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_123 View Post
If you want to read non video reviews Let me google that for you and unboxing list of results https://www.google.com.au/#newwindow...fe=off&tbm=vid
Haha, thanks. So which one is the model you linked me? I don't think it's the 9814 since that's i7. I'll try to find out the exact model.
Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #18
Gun
Baseband Member
 
Gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 24
Default Re: Best Laptop within My Budget?

I just clicked on the link and got a 404 error! Does that mean that Dick Smith will no longer be selling the Acer? If so, is the Asus definitely the best laptop I can get for for $800?

Thanks
Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #19
Golden Master
 
BK_123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,528
Default Re: Best Laptop within My Budget?

Well Officeworks are selling that model Acer V5-571PG Touch Notebook at $739.00 in Performance Laptops. I couldn't find an English version of the Asus being unboxed :\
BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:48 AM   #20
Gun
Baseband Member
 
Gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 24
Default Re: Best Laptop within My Budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_123 View Post
Well Officeworks are selling that model Acer V5-571PG Touch Notebook at $739.00 in Performance Laptops. I couldn't find an English version of the Asus being unboxed :\
Oh great, I live right near an Officeworks, thanks.

But wait, didn't the other Acer have 8GB RAM? This has 4.
__________________

Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0