Best Laptop within My Budget?

Gunni

Baseband Member
Hello Everyone,

Basically I want a good laptop to do several things on, including playing games, I mainly play Minecraft. I already have a decent gaming desktop, but I want a laptop for the portability. What do you guys recommend?

I'm looking to spend as little as possible, under $1000. Even under $900, $800 or $700 would be good if it's second-hand. I don't mind buying from a good eBay seller. If you do infact find a good eBay listing then I'd rather you PM me the link so other people can't get in first! I'm located in Australia so I only really want to buy inside of my country. I've been mainly looking at Asus, what other brands should I be looking at?

Cheers!

Are you keen on Acer, Dicksmith has this one with dedicated graphics which will be good as minecraft doesn't always play well with intel integrated graphics Buy ACER V5-571PG Touch W8 Notebook | Read Reviews | Dick Smith Online Shopping Or this one from Asus Buy ASUS F550CC-X0068H 15.6" Windows 8 Notebook. | Read Reviews | Dick Smith Online Shopping

Thanks for the great recommendations!

Both laptops look very good for the price. Is the Acer touch-screen? If so, would having the touch-screen be bad for me in anyway when I'm gaming?

Thanks for the great recommendations!

Both laptops look very good for the price. Is the Acer touch-screen? If so, would having the touch-screen be bad for me in anyway when I'm gaming?

The Acer is touchscreen and the Asus isn't. Depends on the types of games you'll be playing and whether they are designed for touchscreen gameplay but I'd go with Asus over the Acer if you don't want touchscreen.

The Acer is touchscreen and the Asus isn't. Depends on the types of games you'll be playing and whether they are designed for touchscreen gameplay but I'd go with Asus over the Acer if you don't want touchscreen.

Oh okay. Yes I'm sure the Asus is better, but I might go with the Acer because it is cheaper, and it has 8GB RAM. Is the graphics card in the Asus that much better than that in the Acer?

I'm now deciding whether I want to get a laptop of this price-range or save up for something slightly over 1,000. Not sure what do you.

The Acer has a 2GB Nvidia GeForce 710M whereas the Asus has the same size but the 720M so the Asus is slightly better but not much difference.

The Acer has a 2GB Nvidia GeForce 710M whereas the Asus has the same size but the 720M so the Asus is slightly better but not much difference.

Okay thanks! Would the 710M be considered a low-end laptop graphics card? Or mid? or high? :p

Anyone else have some recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom