Best laptop for under 500$?

That ASUS G37 is nice and it will play the games you want if you're just a light gamer, but I still stand by what I said before. Desktops are the way to go if you're doing any gaming at all. Laptops were originally made for portability. Then it suddenly became a fad to buy laptops and set them on a desktop never move again... The ASUS G37 is 8lbs. May not sound like a lot, but throw it in a backpack or briefcase/shoulderbag and it will get heavy fast. Taking it to school daily (if you had planned on doing that) is not really a viable option in my opinion. Not to mention the screen size is limited.

We're talking about a $500 budget here, and the laptop comes with monitor, OS, keyboard, mouse, etc. Unless OP has all that stuff lying around already, there won't be a real improvement from moving to a desktop.

Ahh i was just going to spend money off my tax return and save the rest up. Truly im not even sure what i wan't to build yet looking into it atm.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Personally i would think this cpu is pretty good. For a desktop makeup that is. Of course then again i have to find a compatible motherboard which im bad at.
Newegg.com - Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 69W Quad-Core Server Processor BX80637E31240V2

After the experience I've had with dell, there is no way in hell I can recommend that. Their recent stuff is truly awful.

Why are you looking at a xeon processor? The equivalent i5 or i7 should be fine. If youre doing a budget desktop, a 3570k is probably your best choice. Get that then put as much as you can into the video card if youre gaming. People here can give advice on other components.

Acer Aspire V3-551-8469

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Specs link here

Back
Top Bottom