Best Laptop Deal

I highly suggest you save until you reach the $800 - $1000 range. You're looking at budget notebooks right now, which are not suited for video editing.

Try to buy a notebook that will last.

I don't have that kind of cash on me. I just got my hours cut by 3/4 at work. I only work 9 hours a week now. I can't keep driving home from my college, just to type up a paper and drive back.

I was going to get this from Newegg. But, I would have to pay $25 more for shipping. The Acer has better features, plus I can find it locally AND I would end up paying less even with tax.

One thing to remember with whichever lappy you get, be sure to see if it has compatible drivers for XP. Many of the new laptops are not compatible with XP and have no drivers available for that OS.

If you want to seriously future proof your laptop, make sure it is expandable to atleast 4gb DDR2/3. Some HP's can have up to 8gb on them.

What about from this?
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?page=2&Nav=|c:17|lp:200:hp:499.99|&Sort=1&Recs=10

Dell and HP are charging me tax. That increases the cost by $40 and up. I might as well order from Newegg or TigerDirect.

Back
Top Bottom