Best graphic card for 200-300 budget?

So, you would rather buy a card which performs a couple of FPS better in one game and an outdated synthetic benchmark, rather than the the obviously more powerful card?

Oh yeah, forgot to mention something, The 4890 they use in the benchmarks is already overclocked. The 285 isn't.

Those look good guys. I do want something for gaming. WHich will last me awhile too, and get good fps.

Hey tell us what games you want to play.
That way we can find you the perfect card.
Who knows you might just need a $150 card, not shell out $300 for something you don't need.

two 285 get 65+ fps in crysis
(dont get these though as they'll put you down at least 600+$)

also what resolution is your screen?

I have crysis,Cod4,5,prototype,resident evil 5. Those are my most played games.
On my my pc i have know it can barely play those games above with about 15-20 fps

I have crysis,Cod4,5,prototype,resident evil 5. Those are my most played games.
On my my pc i have know it can barely play those games above with about 15-20 fps

you're still not answering the important questions, if you have a 400w power supply and a smallish monitor with max resolution of 1280x1024 (or even 1680x1050) it would be absolutely retarded and a waste of money to buy a top of the line video card when a video card around $80-$120 would handle those specs easily, with a $300 budget you could also upgrade your power supply if needed and get a good video card like a GTX260 (216) or 4870 (1GB) for resolutions up to 1680x1050...

Back
Top Bottom