Best GAMING Router?

Well now that u put it that way, i guess... Is there a gaming router or not? I guess the GameFuel is not so much of a fuel... So what should I be looking for? Like I sad b4, I'm looking for a router that can decrease Lag, ping.

Thank you.

you can't decrease ping...its all on your internet connection lol. all you need is to strangle the other computers connection

My plan is to get Killer NIC M1 Network card & a nice router. I know for some it seems like a waste of money (maybe) but I am willing to pay to get better ping & less lag. the NIC card does offer less ping, not by much tho.

So if I would to go with;

D-Link DGL-4300 IEEE 802.3/3u, IEEE 802.11b/g Wireless Gaming Router - Retail $124
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833127158

would I see any diff in browsing/gaming performance? Or is there a diff router that I should get?

Thanks guys.

My plan is to get Killer NIC M1 Network card & a nice router. I know for some it seems like a waste of money (maybe) but I am willing to pay to get better ping & less lag. the NIC card does offer less ping, not by much tho.

So if I would to go with;

D-Link DGL-4300 IEEE 802.3/3u, IEEE 802.11b/g Wireless Gaming Router - Retail $124

would I see any diff in browsing/gaming performance? Or is there a diff router that I should get?

Thanks guys.

If you want a great ping, just hook your computer directly up to your modem with no routing. No expensive network card or router is going to make it any better than this.

If you want a great ping, just hook your computer directly up to your modem with no routing. No expensive network card or router is going to make it any better than this.

exactly. routers cant lower your ping much more than this. gamefuel priority is just another advertising name for QOS or somthing.

He says his dad uses wireless though. He can't do a direct connection.

IMO I'd just get a great quality router and see how it works. I doubt these "gaming" routers like Netgear's and DLink's will make THAT big of a difference without sacrificing other computers' speeds. Just my $.02.

get a basic router for ur dad then connect ur comp to ur router via ethernet, thas wut i do

That's what I currently have now, I have an old Linksys router, and I have my comp connected to it via Ethernet.

So in the end guys, what would u suggest I do? Should I just stick with my current Linksys old router? Isn't there a router that can boost my net performance at all?

Thanks.

nah, if ur connected to it through ethernet (which will be better than a desktop wireless card) then a better router wont do squat. all it does it split the connection out.

nah, if ur connected to it through ethernet (which will be better than a desktop wireless card) then a better router wont do squat. all it does it split the connection out.

But a better router with quality of service (Like the d-link gamefuel) will dramatically improve performance in a multi-user environment. And a better router could also have better ping times than a cheap router. Some monster router with a crapload of ram and a fast processor will outpeform some cheap linksys with 8mb of ram and a slow process and inefficient operating system by far.

But a better router with quality of service (Like the d-link gamefuel) will dramatically improve performance in a multi-user environment. And a better router could also have better ping times than a cheap router. Some monster router with a crapload of ram and a fast processor will outpeform some cheap linksys with 8mb of ram and a slow process and inefficient operating system by far.

Chris can u sugest something plz.

Should I just get this? How much ram does it have? Is there something better 4 me?

Back
Top Bottom