Best fanless graphics card?

Max25591

Baseband Member
Hi, -- and thanks for taking the time to read this thread...

Looking to make my computer as quiet as i can... as i leave it on every night d/l ing, and quite frankly the noise means i dont get a good night sleep.

Could you recommend a middle of the range performance wise... but fanless graphics card.
Im not the sort to play demanding games... much prefer the old sort like starcraft and red alert... But it would be nice to have the ability to play some new games.

Many thanks,

Max2559

hello, what's your budget? It seems most new people forget this.
Also, what type of slot does your motherboard support.

AGP or PCI express.

Also, do you care much if your warranty is voided? Because there are fanless aftermarket coolers out there that work very well. But of course removing the stock heatsink voids the warranty.

A gigbyte 6800 should suffice nicely. It's fanless. mid-range performance. OR you could get a gigabyte x800. Or if your really low on money, you could get a gigabyte 6600. All three solutions are fanless.

But if you don't mind voiding warranty. You can get the thermaltake aftermarket or the Zalman aftermarket cooler.

i'm guessing that's united kingdom currency. THat comes out to about 55 USD. Well, i'm sorry to say this, but you'll have a REALLY hard time looking for a mid range performance card with that price. Also, i hear that you guys get VAT or something that adds even more.

The 6600 that i recommended is around mid range performance. but its around 140 USD.

Well you could get a passive cooled card, and you can get quite good ones that use passive, like 6600GT's by Nvidia for example. Basically theres no fan, but just uses copper pipes to make the heat travel up, all it needs then is air from the case or something to push it out.

Only problem is you need a ventilated PC to pass the heat from it away and out, but would only need normal fans on a case to cool it sufficently :p

Some of the lower priced Leadtec video cards just come with a large finned heatsink.

I have a Leadtec WinFast A340 TD powered by nVIDIA's GeForce FX 5200 in my Athlon 3000 box. I have never had any problem with overheating with it. It cost Aus$100.00 :D

All the cards you mentioned... keep finding cards of same name but with fans....
Can you post a link to a site where i can buy one of these from...
Would be a good help...

And i jsut upped my budget to 60 pounds... as i bet the 30 all on red and won! ... what the heck right ... it was only gonna be a few more nights bad sleep!

Back
Top Bottom