best dust filter?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
okay, my computer is like getting way to much dust in 1 week, and i dont like cleaning out my computer so much.
so, i need to know whats the best dust filter i can put in my computer.
the best that will keep most particles out, and keeps good airflow.
thanks in advance

EDIT -
i found this on newegg
11-999-208-05.jpg

where can i get that black thing? i am thinking of getting like a sheet of those (if they make them) and cut them out myself. Unless you guys have a better alternative.

now i dunno forsure, but i think you could pick up sheets like that at a normal hardware store. Go find out, cause i know people use those kind of things for their floor vents to keep dust out and other crap.

So one suggestion, check your local hardware store, you might find it there :)!

i'll go check out Lowes or Home Depot.
any ideo what they are called so i dont have to go around looking for them?

i would think they're called "Dust Sheets".

When you get there, talk to one of the ppl that work there, and simply describe what you're looking for, and i'm sure they'll lead you right to the product.

i think they are called Polyurethane foam, but from the things i read, they dont seem safe....
any other alternatives?

i think they are called Polyurethane foam, but from the things i read, they dont seem safe....
any other alternatives?

my other suggestion would be going to a computer store and seeing if they have anything related. I'm sure you can find them where they cell case fans, as its probably something many people do. I know my antec 1200 came with the intake fans already installed with the dust filters.

what about ebay? see if you can find them there...

yeah it would probably be cheaper...but if you can't find the material...then you could always settle for a couple of those for $3.99

Also, are you putting these on your exhaust fans too? i don't think it would be needed if thats what you were planning on doing. Really they are only needed for the intake and you should be fine. So to buy like 3 of the $3.99 ones shouldn't be to costly.

Well, if you did that, you would save money, but you would also be loosing quality of pre-made and it might not work as well. (i.e a corner of your filter comes loose to let dust in, etc.) You really have 5 intake fans? :p that is a lot of intake air.

Shipping is alot, but if you buy them all at once it wont cost as much. :)

Back
Top Bottom