Best Core 2 Duo Motherboard?

XEN

In Runtime
I'm looking for a good, reliable Core 2 Duo compatible motherboard... It should have SLI support and be quite good for overclocking (I might have a go one day ;)). I was thinking of an Asus P5B Deluxe. Which do you guys think is the best?

yeah the ASUS P5B Deluxe is very good. I've only used it once but it works like a charm the only problem I had was the IDE cable was in a bad spot

P965 chipsets dont support Crossfire/SLI unless you want to run 16x 4x. No Intel chipsets support SLI, but there are ways around that too. I would go with the ABIT AW9D-MAX or the ASUS P5WDH if you need the PCI slots.

question, i've read a couple things wehre it has two PCI-e slots, and one is 16x, but when you go SLI and put two cards in, it goes 8X-8X for them both....is that going to affect output from the gpu card? I'll be running 7600GT's on e6300 and am just wondering if once i go SLI i need to get a better mobo???

hey, instead of running 2 7600gs...just run one x850 xt...it will still be better and cheaper..the crossfire moods arnt all that great yet....so stick with one processor!!!

hey man the sli/crossfire thing is definitely valid, so if you're looking for a core 2 duo mobo that supports sli id look no further than the nvidia 680 chipset mobos, there are about three of them available at newegg.com, all of them look great, id say get the cheapest one, and if you have money to burn get the striker.
nvidia 680 chipset mobos

these motherboards are the only ones that officially support both Core 2 cpus and SLI configurations.

ahhh... cool. thanks, I'll take a look...

Edit: Looked, bit too far out of my price range me thinks, and the two cheap ones aren't avaliable in the UK anyways. :(

A bit too expensive again I'm afraid. I think I'll probably just stick with the P5B... 90% likely I wont ever need SLI anyways...

Back
Top Bottom