Best of the best computer parts..

joxley1990

Golden Master
Ok, so for college, I have to build an ultimate gaming computer (such fun huh :D )

I don't have like a budget on it, so I plan to build the best, in order to get a pass. I have to evaluate every part I am going to use, and justify why I chose them..

I have decided on these so far..

• 4X 150GB 15,000 HDD's, or, if I can't find them on an english site, 4X 150GB Raptors
  • 4GB DDR2 RAM 800-1066MHz - Popular, well known make, maybe Corsair OCZ?
  • 2X 7950GX2 - SLI
  • 20.1 Widescreen monitor - 8ms response time (just a good gaming monitor really)
  • AMD AM2 Athlon 64 Dual Core FX62
  • Asus Crosshair AM2 nForce 590

So, could I add anything else, to make it evan extra killer?

go for an intel cpu. The e6600 is about the same as the fx62, and is alot cheaper. Or then buy the best intel (E6800? or something like that)
and wait for dx10 cards :p

Remember, I do not have a budget! Thanks for the 150GB raptors - if I can find the 15K RPM drives, I will use those..

And, mammikoura, this has to be in for monday!

joxley1990 said:
Remember, I do not have a budget! Thanks for the 150GB raptors - if I can find the 15K RPM drives, I will use those..

And, mammikoura, this has to be in for monday!

Raptors are only 10,000 RPM, all the 15,000 RPM drives are on the SCSI interface and are very damned expensive.

Also get a DFI board, this one is new so I havnt seen many reviews, but generally their far better http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136014

And don't forget a pysics processor.

Ahh, nice one, physics card!

Remember, I have no budget, so think of what you can..

Im just going to go for the 10K after all..they're fast enough..

lhuser that Ram is Sick man.. nice find.

but my 2X segate HD in raid 0 > your Hitachi single drive :D

Back
Top Bottom