Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-07-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
In Runtime

Default Best Antivirus for 64bit OS

My Symantec Antivirus is buggin me around (yellow box pops up saying Symantec Antivirus Auto-Protect is Disable) and everytime I try and enable it it doesn't allow it, and continues as disabled.

So unless someone here can figure out that problem I was thinking of getting another Antivirus software program. One that's compatible with 64bit OS, is effective and doesn't bog down your computer to price ratio. Just a generally good one I guess. But please, any information on my current problem please tell me.

Thanks v. much in advance!

Old 05-07-2007, 01:58 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: Best Antivirus for 64bit OS

Try NOD32, you can get a trial at www.eset.com. Its the best AV on the market IMO.

Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #3
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffaz View Post
Try NOD32, you can get a trial at www.eset.com. Its the best AV on the market IMO.
I second that. I love NOD32. It's picked up things that my norton was passing over.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:27 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantei View Post
My Symantec Antivirus is buggin me around (yellow box pops up saying Symantec Antivirus Auto-Protect is Disable) and everytime I try and enable it it doesn't allow it, and continues as disabled.

So unless someone here can figure out that problem I was thinking of getting another Antivirus software program. One that's compatible with 64bit OS, is effective and doesn't bog down your computer to price ratio. Just a generally good one I guess. But please, any information on my current problem please tell me.

Thanks v. much in advance!
NOD32 is what I use, and it was coded in assembly so it shouldn't have any problems being ran on a 64 bit computer.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:34 PM   #5
Golden Master

NOD32 is an excellent choice or AVG. Not sure if AVG works with 64 bit OSes or not, but it can be found on http://free.grisoft.com
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:35 AM   #6
Beta Member

Wink Re: Best Antivirus for 64bit OS

I use a 64bit OS. I have Avast Anti virus free home edition! It is really great. It won't allow you to download the virus. When you click on download (If its a virus) the anti virus says "the file you are about to download may be a virus"
And it has a powerful resident scanner, which protects from intrusions.
I don't know about NOD or AVG etc, but i can surely say that Avast is perfect for my PC.
satrohraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:15 PM   #7
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to connchri

Yeah, I use Avast too. Had no problems as of yet, silent doesn't bug you all the time like other AV programs.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:37 PM   #8
In Runtime

Thanks very much for the replies, I had a look at NOD32 and at avast! and went for avast simply because you can get a Home edition absolutely free and appears to be working great. Thanks very much