BEST AGP 4X card

muz

Golden Master
hi i want to know if anyone knows of a good graphics card for a AGP 4X slot as i have an old pc for photoshop and other basic things and the Graphics card broke and i have had to replace it with a ATI rage XL AGP 2x 8MB :D

Any links will do but i will probably end up buyin off ebay

probs not more than about £50 which is about $30 but that is second hand off ebay anyways the mobo is an old soltek mobo with an amd duron 1.1ghz and 640MB ram , it supports agp up to 4X . i mean if you can show me one for aboout $50 that will be ok i like the look of that Evga from newegg , i mean anythin from 128MB should do the job
does this look like a good card http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=270074883711&rd=1&rd=1

or is this one better http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=280067100097&rd=1&rd=1

i have a 7600gs by XFX...it is amazing..and mine just clocks down to agp4x because my mobo..will be getting a new mobo for agp 8x soon..but ne ways yeh that 7600gs would rock

definatley bottleneck like CRAZY with that processor though

yeah i know the duron has low l1 and l2 cache but it is still faster than a friends 1.2 celaron cos it has ddr fsb on the duron but i dont use it for any mega games just stuff like the sims and i mainly use it for homework like word and powerpoint

so even if i buy a card that is for AGP8x it will just clock down to AGP4X then if i upgrade mobo to AGP 8X in the future it will run at full speed ok , so anyoe know any good AGP4X/*x graphics cards anywhere up from 128MB is good
NOT im not gonna use it for hardcore gaming just some older games like the sims and general office tasks and photoshop

7800GS, but thats expensive. I would go with something like the 7600GS like above maybe. Or an FX card.

just seen a nvidia fx5200 and that will be ok for what i need thanks everyone

dude no offense...i used to have a 5200fx...it sucked balls...well unless you get a 256mb version...if i were you i still still get a newer 7k series..like a 7300le maybe.....because just never technology is faster and the 7300le is way cheap

Back
Top Bottom