The Best?

When it comes to an allround machine, you CANNOT beat an INTEL.

It can do more than one thing at a time, quickly. It can play games quicker than your ever going to need. Not limited to a games machine that can do a little bit more like the AMD.

Recent use of my machine

Photoshop CS & coreldraw 12 running at once. Switch between the two programs :- Intel 1 to 2 seconds AMD64 21 to 30 seconds.

At games my Intel Doom3 1280x1028 Ultra settings 87fps Farcry 1024 x 768 everything on max 117.9fps. NO AMD HAS MATCHED IT YET.

And that's with a Northwood.

Dude, the benchmarks from a ton of sites prove that AMD can outwork Intel in games. No one ever said AMD is good for multitasking, that's not what it's made for. AMD is for hardcore gamers.

The thread said "The Best?", no mention of gaming machine or otherwise. All I'm saying is that given the benches of my machine, why not get a machine that can play EVERY GAMES PERFECTLY and MULTI-TASK PERFECTLY why limit it to one task.

Whatever way you look at it the AMD is geared toward being a games machine but little else (other than folding, I have two folding 24/7)

rakedog said:
Well it looks like 15 people don't agree with you.

Yes 15 people who have been using a descent P4 HT.

I have 2 AMD64's 8 AMD XP's (mainly 3000+) and a Duron 1300Mhz (dont laugh). A 3Ghz P4 HT laptop and my P4 HT 4.2Ghz.

I see and work with them side by side. There really is NO COMPARISON!. If any of you could see this you WOULD AGREE.

I've been a supporter of AMD's for over 5 years and still build 9 AMD's to 1 Intel.

Using the Intel HT properly for the first time opened my eyes. If Cyrix released a processor that I believed was better, I would get one. I have NO LOYALTY towards any manufacturer. I just want what's best. AT at the moment that Intel without any question.

Back
Top Bottom