Benchmark's of the quad sli!!!

ya if i was getting a new card ide get the 1900xt no question, unless nvidia has somethin better on the way then i have say ati has completely owned them, and lets also keep in mind that the x1900xtx is a lot cheaper than the 7800gtx512mb not to mention the 7900 series

Yeah, plus note these:

DIRECT X 10:

Theres the fact that those cards don't support Direct X 10 (I don't think), so when that arrives, which won't be too long now (When Viesta arrives), you wouldn't have used the power of them cards in your PC,

CPU BOTTLE NECKING:

Plus theres the fact that on a CPU like that, your going to get bottle necking whatever you do, so you'd get to a certain point where however much you add, your not going to increase FPS, simply because CPU's with that many video cards wouldn't cope that well.

I'm not too impressed by the FPS's though either on the quads for this reason.
I know its running higher than the highest HD res though, so I'll let them off, and those soft shadows do take up alot of power, but I do think the above makes the cards pointless right now.

You just wouldn't use all the resources, before games used a technology not possible on them cards.

Nvidia is Good

Nvidia is fine by me. They released the better graphics cards for the more casual gamer, me! I wouldn't go so far as saying ATI has them beat or its a shitty year for them. Anyone can copy soemones ideas and say its there own and tweak it a little bit different it doesnt make them a genius. Lets not start throwing molotov cocktails at them (Nvidia) just yet.

At least for people bothered about graphics, who don't shove resoloutions all the way up, but loves force settings up, like me, it means cheaper cards that are still reletively new :p

I think they need to take the focus away from creating these (presently) useless systems like quad-sli and develop more efficient cards that are meant to be bought in singles. Like maybe incorporate some power consumption reduction, reduce costs, and cram more performance in one card. Why go after a market where only a very small percentage of the potential consumers can afford such a system as 4 graphics cards. IMO it's very poor marketing.

Distortion88 I agree, and its not like the results from 4 are that spectacular. Check my post about a page back for reasons also why I don't think its a good idea to spend that much.

JustinMcG67 said:
haha! Stupid NVIDIA!!! It takes FOUR of those 7900GTX's to beat TWO X1900XTX's. Wow, just goes to show that the 7900GTX is a waste of money. It's just a 7800GTX 512MB just overclocked a little bit. Guys, don't buy a 7900GTX, save your money, buy a new ATI card probably coming out in 2 months. :D
Im willing to bet one of my 7900GTX's will beat the 1900, and its not a waste of money. Look at the prices, and its on 90.

Back
Top Bottom