Benchmark results: ATI Radeon X1800 XT vs Nvidia Geforce 7800GTX

I would send in my card and then they would send me a 7800gtx and then I would just have to pay them the difference between the price I payed for my 7800gt and the retail price of a 7800gtx

yepp, that is correct, but it has to be within a certain time period, you also need proof of purchase.

Wow :D Now that is good :) So at least they aren't leaving people who bought the 256Mb version behind.

How much would this difference be?

wait till benchmarks from USERS come out, dont get benchmarks from big reviewers like anandtech, im not saying they are bad or anything, but they most likely get handpicked cards from ATi and Nvidia so they perform better than what the usual market gets.

Yeah, they usually get the reference models which are special ones for testing. They don't really go out and buy them from a store.

I found out that x1800 XT that participated in that test was a 512MB card going up against a 256MB 7800GTX. Unfair...Of course ATI is only sending 512 MB models to the media to be reviewed, so they can achieve higher scores. Wussy's....

When their 256MB version does come out, now we're playing on even grounds. Watch nvidia get right back where they belong. In first place...

Back
Top Bottom