Begginner Computer builder.

hcorion

Solid State Member
Hello! I am a 13 year old that wants a new computer. for one reason....
My computer is horrible it's a 3 GB VAIO And I am using it as a 6-8 GB gaming laptop. Its crazy slow and games like minecraft I can't even add a shader to make it look better. I've used up more than half of my 288 GB storage because I have auto-desk, blender, sculptris, sketch-up and others. I've made several small insignificant games as well. I have here my new computer build: Intel Core i7-2600K, EVGA GeForce GTX 660 - System Build - PCPartPicker You may notice that it doesn't have a motherboard.... That's because I have 0 knowledge in building computers and I need some help with choosing a motherboard for my computer. I not really willing to pay any extra money to have someone make my computer for me because I have no income except for the odd chore around the house and I get 100$ every christmas. so a tutorial on building a computer such as the build I have would be much appreciated.

the i7-3770k only supports up to 1600 ram so 2133 is overload and itll just be set to 1600 but actually 1333. anything higher than 1333 you have to setup manually in bios.

Hello! I'm only 11, and through 2.5 years of computer experience, i know as much about computers as the next person. So I know you can do it!

I'd recommend a drive brand switch to Western Digital or Seagate. I wouldn't put any important data on a Hitachi as I wouldn't expect it to last too long.

And the PSU needs a change as well. Sparkle isn't really a brand I would put in any of my builds. Antec and Corsair are the two brands I've had no problems with. The PSU isn't something to cheap out on because if that dies it could take out other parts of your computer.

The case choice is up to your preferences. Cheap cases may be more flimsy and not so much great cable management built in, but if it's sitting on a desk to never be moved and you get creative with the cables or get a modular PSU you man cake make it work. I still have my Cooler Master Elite 330 $40 case from 2007 that has finally been decommissioned to an empty case about 2 months ago. It's flimsy but it's held up so far and I don't really want to get rid of it because it still looks pretty good to me. More expensive cases tend to be built better, but are much heavier and they usually have better cable management built in. My Antec 1200 and Antec P183 are built great, heavy, and cable management is better than my cheap case.

Back
Top Bottom