Beeping. And no display at all.

dedb33t

In Runtime
Hey forumers, I finally managed to get my computer all hooked up together.. I must say it looks pretty cool once its all done.. It sure was a learning experience.. And once you know where everything goes and what everything does.. Its really easy :)

Anyway lets cut to the boring part... When i turn it on I can hear like 2 beeps then it stops.. Then another 30 seconds or so and 2 beeps again.... I cant see anything.. I have a P5B-E and it doesn't Have onboard video.. So my friend gave me a 64MB video card lol (PCI)... It says on it Copyright 1994.... Could it be that its just too old? It is a non branded one I think cuz it says nothing on it.. And there is no cable on it or whateva (Most video cards have these cable thingo's on them) ...Im getting abit scared.. Could it be that my CPU is damaged? I have done nothing to it or anything.... I tried 2 of the vid cards he got me.. But both of them are from the 90's.. So 2moro Im buying a crappy 128MB asus card... Hopefully it will work on the Asus P5B-E I have...

Any Ideas? Could it be something else. I really hope I dont have to buy a brand new core 2 duo cuz this one cost me heaps.. Would the comp constantly beep if there is no CPU??

well, it sounds like your mach is powering no like it should, it just doesnt have any Video. But its alittle bit worring that the 2 beeps keeps coming back, like its restarting over and over. How many sticks of Ram you got? when you turn your mach on and the Monitor is plugged into the video card what happens? Is there a green or orange light on the monitor? The monitor does work on other machs? TEST- Remove CD Drive,Floppy drive, Hard drive from mach, Now turn it on with just mainboard and memory and monitor (anything or new beeps?). I dont think it will be your CPU.

It beeps when everything is out.. If i plug in the video card then the monitor continues flashing the LED like its on standby mode.. I'll buy a video card tomorrow and then If it doesnt work I'll retrurn the whole thing.. I'll try to lol.. Its not two beeps.. Its like a ummm I dunno just really fast beeping and it does it twice... Hard to explain.. But yeah I'll see how it goes tomorrow.. Hopefully it will work :) Hmm well I just hope its not the CPU :( :)

I tried it on 2 monitors.. With 2 graphics cards.. They are both extremely old.. So I'll pick up a PCI Express one tomorrow...

Okay, but you'll hear three beeps I think. Then, reseat the RAM. It's good for that.

look in the Motherboard manual, they normally have what the post beep codes mean.

It's the RAM being misseated. It's the first 64KB error in RAM. It often comes from a bad connection. Reseating fixes it.

3 beeps, when no physical RAM is present or not working. 2 beeps can come from misseated RAM.

There's more than two beep codes for RAM :)

Back
Top Bottom