Become A+ Certified, Worth taking a course?

Gcreeper314

Baseband Member
Hey guys i want to be A+ Certified and i was wondering if u guys think its worth paying and taking a course or just buying a book and study? The course they are offering is 8 months long and it will run me about $600 something for the whole course. The course doesnt give u the test to be A+ certified but just prepares u for it. From there u got to go take the test elsewhere. what do u guys think i should do? I know its my choice but i just want some opinions. Thanks

I'm taking the class in my school that preps you for it I guess, and I'd say no. If you really WANT to go a computer certification, then go ahead, but I'd just do fixing computers and playing around with them on the side and get a better job that doesn't make you look kinda, 'nerdy' either.

john123 said:
um...what exactly do you wanna learn?

Lets just say im starting from scratch. Like learning installation, Maintenance, Servicing,hardware and software malfunctions,etc... Then from there i would like to move into Cisco.

Like john said, you learn a lot just from being active on these forums. If you see a post that's unanswered, google it up and try to find an answer. By doing this, you'll learn a lot of new things. Obviously, you're still going to need to buy a book to prepare for the exam, but this forum shows you a lot about many common problems that the average user runs into.

I'm interested in getting a job with computers when I am out of college, but mines more on the, engineering side, like designing the pieces, like GPUs and CPUs, and that cool stuff. All the doo-dads and doo-didles, lol.
Anyway, I have to agree with John, just going to these forums daily and posting and reading responces and all that, you learn a ton.
Computers is a bit of a geeky job as someone said, but so many people dont understand anything about computers.
Us, we know its just electrons flowing down millions of tubes, the screen is something completely different that just reacts to the way the electrons flow. Its really simple once you learn a little bit. Which gives us a big advantage, we can get a high paying job that true its hard at times, but its simpler than many people think.
Someone at my school said, "O my uncles a computer genius, hes putting 2 hardrives in one computer to make it go 2 times faster!!" I said, well it'll go a little faster, but not much, its all in the combination. And he say " O no, my uncle said it'll go twice as fast." And thats just a simple part of the computer, the harddrive, but the average person, even guys, have no clue what it is. Which is what I mean by, we have a much bigger advantage in the computer world. The computer repair shop around us charges $120 to format your HD, and to give you some anti-spy ware stuff. $120. For that simple job! And many people have it done.
So good luck with whatever you decide to do!!

Back
Top Bottom