Battlefield 2, games anyone?

ashaiba

In Runtime
Im not sure if this is an appropriate place for games, but it said "software" so im going to post it anyways and hope for a reply.

I have battlefield 2 and i put my screen resolutions settings on super high and now it wont let me change it back because i cant see the game, the moniter says "Out of range."

is there anyway to put the games settings back to default
i tried reinstalling it, didnt work.

I don't know if this will work but try going into your BF2 directory. Go to mods>bf2>Settings>Profiles>Custom and change the values of the game display modes in the files VideoCustom.CON and Video.CON to something your monitor can accept (default should be 800 600 32 0) Also check the same files under the Default directory. If it is already set to that then...well let me figure something else out lol.

try this:

Command Line

There are a range of commands - mainly designed for servers running BF2 - which can be activated via the BF2 command line. You can use these commands by going to your main Battlefield 2 shortcut you use to launch the game, right-click on it and select Properties. Then in the Target box, after the "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 text, insert another space, then use any of the commands below. Each command must have a single space between it and the next command.

For example, one of the most commonly requested commands is to run BF2 in 1280x1024 resolution (or another custom resolution) - particularly for LCD displays which display the best image at their native resolution. To do this, change your command line to look like this:

"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024

Note the addition of the +szx and +szy commands which respectively set the width and height of the resolution to be used. Substitute other values for other resolutions (e.g. +szx 1900 +szy 1200). Also note that as of the 1.03 Patch, 1280x1024 is now a supported resolution and can be selected within the in-game settings, so you don't need to use the +szx/+szy commands to force it anymore.

Taken from: http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_7.html

i will try again tmrw though. maybe i just clicked cancel instead, im really tired so im being sloppy and lazy rite now. u no?

Ok, that fixed it. also i updated the game, so maybe thats what actualy fixed it. whatever i did, the game works fine now. thanks!

Back
Top Bottom