Battle of the Video Cards!

mayorredbeard said:
considering that the equivalent of ati's 7800 gtx is their r520, and their also going to make an r580, meaning most likely better then the 520, meaning better then the 7800gtx, meaning as of right now nvidia has a lead in the top of the line card, but not for long. It bounces back and forth. If your not buying a top of the line card, its really prefference.

Yeah I agree, but in my opinion, ATI always seem to be one step behind GeForce. I mean yeah, they will release a card that will finally be compared to the 7800GTX, which is great for consumers as prices will fall. Also, as you say, they will release the R580 which MIGHT be better than the 7800GTX, and even if it is, GeForce are releasing their G72 which will blow the R series from ATI out of the water yet again.

But I agree with you again in the sense that an R520 compared to a 7800GTX will have no difference in today's market but you will see the difference in a year when reliability and performance start surfacing after a while on the market.

But remember that SLi has had a few complaints in the sense that it only runs the PCI-Express cards at 8x each and not their maximum 16x and some people say that just using one is better for gaming. Obviously benchmark test argue the other way as two 7800GTXs in SLi get over 10,000 easily in 3DMark05, whereas a single gets around 7,000 - 8,000.

I'd go with SLi, but ATI do have the chance to push GeForce off the top for awhile. Look into benchmark tests, other people's experiences and which company you prefer and you should be fine either way :)

Back
Top Bottom