Battery: Inspiron E1505

vampist

Fully Optimized
Alright as I am sure you are aware of, the battery life for six and nine cell batteries for the E1505 suck. They last (with luck) a full year in the beginning life is about an hour or so maybe two for the six cell. About four-five for the nine cell. Towards the end they are both rather low, when I say rather low I mean dead... I have a six cell getting .. well was getting 7 minutes tops.
The batteries life start to RAPIDLY drop after one-two months.

New batteries for this computer are insanely pricey from 100-189.
I seen a couple used ones for 71. But how much you want to bet they are a year old and getting crud for life time.

(prices in USD)

As you can see I have a slight problem here..
I need a new battery but I do not want to buy another battery that is just going to die so quickly.

Can I buy modded batteries anywhere with batteries life time?
Do you have an suggestions?

Hard luck, batteries are a consumable item. Get used to the eventual depletion of their capacity.

True. Very true.
Is there a place where I can buy modded batteries?

I know there is a well known person amongst the online video world known as kipkay. He has a video where he modded a laptop battery by installing new batteries, new and improved batteries.
For a low price of 37 dollars, Much better than the 189 dell offers.

There lies the problem.. I have a soldering iron, I could buy the batteries Hell I even made a layout of the batteries for fun.

my.php

(in case anyone needs it there you go)

Now.. the problem. The battery casing is well.. destroyed.

I didn't actually think of an easy way to get it open until about eh.. 15 minutes ago lol.. which would have/be a razor blade or a very thin cutting wheel attached to a dremel.

I originally wanted to crack it open nicely and be able to do just that. My methods were... Bad. ended up slicing into my hand and yeah... that was the end of that.:D

Back
Top Bottom