Basic ram question

ryudo423

Beta member
hey everyone! I'm new here and have a quick question... I would like to upgrade my current pc but have a question about the ram... i currently have an Intel dg945gclf with 2gb of DDR2 667 installed..... i am replacing this board with a GIGABYTE GA-G41M-ES2L.. This board says the standard memory is DDR2 800.... will the 667 memory work with this board (i plan on buying an additional 2gb of ddr2 800)??? thank you!!

To answer your question, yes. Your DDR2 667 will work just fine on that motherboard.

If you do buy another 2GB of DDR2 800 to install along with the current memory, it will run at the same speed as the DDR2 667.

thanks for the responses... i'm on a pretty tight budget so that's why i'm hesitant to buy 4gb worth of new memory... will the speed differences be drastic? if so i could put out for it...........

To answer your question, yes. Your DDR2 667 will work just fine on that motherboard.

If you do buy another 2GB of DDR2 800 to install along with the current memory, it will run at the same speed as the DDR2 667.

i have ran different speed RAM together and read this to but when you use 2 different speeds of RAM together the system isnt as stable it will work but if the timings on the higher frequency RAM is faster than the lower frequency RAM there would be major stability issues when i did mine i got constant blue screens took out the faster RAM and it was fine. so be aware of this.

Back
Top Bottom