Basic Fan cooling question

newjacksm

In Runtime
I set up the side fan on my new install computer backwards I have it blowing outwards sucking the air outwards and I have the 120mm fan blowing in. In this case Is this BAD? Or is this good?

This is not necessarily "bad" but it's not good either. You case fans should always be blowing the air out of the case, not in. But you can just turn the fan around if you need to.

Your front fans are lower and should therefore draw cool air into the case. You rear fans are higher and hot air rises so they should be used to exhaust air. I personally don't use side panel fans as I think they disrupt the airflow.

Blah I dont know how to make anymore room to put fans in the front. My CPU is at 46c with this fan I found that sounds like an airplane engine its doing the job however. When I had the side case blowing air out and only 1 fan blowing air in (the front) it was at 50c idle

my CPU is a amd phenom x4 BE 940. I am using a stock heat sink.

i got the same CPU, though i have a 120mm blowing in the front, and a 120mm blowing out the rear. and a little 80mm blowing on my gfx card but idle is about 37C, and atm um running a movie, guild wars on full, an this page. an its at 42C. Mostly depends on ur case. Maybe its time to upgrade?

my antec 1200 will be here tommarrow *squeelz*

Blah I dont know how to make anymore room to put fans in the front. My CPU is at 46c with this fan I found that sounds like an airplane engine its doing the job however. When I had the side case blowing air out and only 1 fan blowing air in (the front) it was at 50c idle

my CPU is a amd phenom x4 BE 940. I am using a stock heat sink.

50C idle is not normal, you shouldnt need a front fan just to keep your proc at low temps. What really are your temps at idle and load (run prime95 for load temps)

Back
Top Bottom