Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-08-2005, 03:08 AM   #1
Beta Member

Send a message via AIM to jamalia
Default Bad Sound Problem

My problem started out after a few minutes of using a voice changing program called AV VCS. Out of nowhere anything that came out of my speakers or headphones sounded horrible. i think that the program changed some setting on my computer that makes it filter out voice, because is any song i play the voice can barely be heard, and in anything i play that is only voice, it is very soft. the sound is like when you illegally download (i personally have never illegally downloaded.....) a crappy quality MP3, like a 64 bit instead of 128. i have tried uninstalling my drivers, and reinstalling, i have tried changing the program(AV VCS) back to defaults, i have tried uninstalling the program, i just recently installed the soundmax program that my computer never installed but i was supposed to have it. it is integrated sound.all of the settings on the soundMAX program are set to default. i cant think of other information to give. does anyone have suggestions?, maybe there is something else i can set to default. thanks a lot

jamalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 03:11 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Paradox Send a message via MSN to Paradox Send a message via Yahoo to Paradox
Default Re: Bad Sound Problem

If you are using XP you can do a system restore to before you installed the program, hopefully you have them enabled
Edit: Or before you had the problem for that matter
And if that doesnt fix it, have you jarred your computer recently? could have nocked the sound card out a bit ( That happened to my teacher at school )

Xbox Live: Error Lord
Personal Email: HunterMRose[at]gmail.com
Aim: Error Lord
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 03:16 AM   #3
Beta Member

Send a message via AIM to jamalia

hey guys 5 seconds after i sent this post i went behind my computer and fixed it. sorry for the thread waste haha. i have this splitter, that splits the sound so i can have headphones and speakers hooked up. and the spltter was broken. thanks alot paradox for the help anyway, you were right about the jarring my comp thing
jamalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 03:19 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Paradox Send a message via MSN to Paradox Send a message via Yahoo to Paradox

lol Glad you got it fixed! Nice to see a new face, hope you stay a while =)

Xbox Live: Error Lord
Personal Email: HunterMRose[at]gmail.com
Aim: Error Lord
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote