Bad HD luck.

ya some times its slow and i think i might have even herd a tick or 2 the other day

I have Western Digital, Maxtor, and Seagate drives in my computer. My WD Raptor X was the first one to go, but I RMA'd it.

I did a RAID 1 for this purpose, but how the heck did 2 drives go at once for you? Power supply maybe?

They didn't go bad at the same time. The first 160 was DOA a while ago, but one of the two I had in raid (same batch) went bad but the other is chuggin along just fine. I've ran just about every test possible and it's runnin fine. I've had both WD and Seagate, some last for years and years, some just take a crap instantly I guess..

my hitachi deskstar is clicking like crazy whenever i play tf2 or move files.i guess its time to rma and get myself a new hard drive.what brand would you suggest

my hitachi deskstar is clicking like crazy whenever i play tf2 or move files.i guess its time to rma and get myself a new hard drive.what brand would you suggest

Well I had been a fan of WD. If you can find a WD drive with a black cover, those drives last forever, the newer WD drives are cheap IMO. The two WD drives I'm sending back have 14,000 hours on them and just now died, they were in a server so they were on 24/7, they last for a LONG time. Seagate these days is the way to go, I've just had some bad batches, it happens.

Back
Top Bottom