Backup software

Celticsfan

Banned
I was wondering what you guys think is the best s/w to backup your rigs is?

Actually, what do you use?

thanks

I personally backup everything in a flash-drive. The only thing I really need to save is email, pics, and music. Music is on shared on the network so I don't really worry about it. I want to say that creating a image of your HDD could be the best way.

there's tons of options...depends on what you want to do actually. personally, i just attatch a portable hard drive once in a while, and back up my photos/music/documents. you could image your whole disk/programs/contents and all using acronis true image or norton ghost or similar software. you could do online backups using something like carbonite (about five bucks a month), or mozy (2GB free)...could just back up important stuff to cd's, dvd's , or thumb drive.

yes, I want to take an image of my disk. If I need to restore does that restore every thing including drivers? I prefer not to use Acronis as I do not like it. What are some others that will do it?

thx

yes, the image includes everything on the disk. if you don't like acronis, i also mentioned norton ghost which is the other well known big one...both acronis and ghost are not free though. if you have a seagate drive, you can use their free disk imaging software, "disk wizard", which is basically acronis true image designed for seagate.

another option is to put a second hard drive in your computer, and enable raid 1 to mirror your hard drive...you will always have an exact copy of your current drive...if your main one fails, just set the back up drive to master, and your good to go.

I've heard really good things about Carbonite. It's remote-backup, so you dont need to worry about storage of backups...

If you see what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom