Backup method

Celticsfan

Banned
What do you guys think is the cheapest, more reliable way to backup my computer. Backup to a flash drive or external HD?

Opinions please?

thx

external hdd, more space, easy to find, hard to lose can break when moving it a lot when transferring files.
usb, less space, easy to lose, can break when unplugged when saving something.

i would go with the hdd

I backup using a RAID 1 array. If one drive fails, I'm still safe, and can just replace the broken drive.
Its not very likely, though possible, that 2 drives will go at once.

from all the questions i ask here, i only get about 3 opinions, sometimes more, but its not likely.

Do you have another computer? You could cross-backup them. Data from A backed up on B and vice-versa. That's what I do with my brother. We back-up everything through the network.

To be honest, there isn't that many backup solutions for the home user, except for getting another drive, having drive based backup, or a program that'll back up for you on another drive, i.e external.

Another one could be to get a program like Norton Ghost, and every few months, to make a back up of your entire drive, compressed, ready to decompress and load when you need it.

id use an external hdd. anything else, such as over a network is too time consuming.

How safe is a RAID 1 array, to trust? Just out of curiosity?
As long as you don't get a virus, etc, that is.

Back
Top Bottom