Backup appz

If ya want to copy EVERYTHING from one drive to another, then thats an image as stated above. Norton ghost and acronis true image will both do this. They give you options of where to save ya image, such as DVD, HDD etc. Also the way ghost works, is to ask ya what ya wanna do in windows, and then it reboots and takes care of it in DOS

but i don't want to have every single file in 1 file, or something simliar, i just want it as if both of my hard drives have the same exact stuff on it.
i'll try out the data lifeguard tools for windows and see how it goes.

Ez-back-it-up.
EZBack-it-up is a personal file backup utility. It is designed to be very easy to learn and use. It is not an archival tool that compresses all your files and folders into one file, but instead, it copies your data to a destination of your choice where you can readily access your backed up files any time you need. All directory structure is preserved and you can optionally choose to delete files from the target that are not in the source. EZBack-it-up includes a built-in scheduler, command-line switches, logging functionality, and more.

Does just what you want to do. I use it to back up all my 150 some odd picture folders. You can look to where you saved them to and it looks just like where it came from.

drumthrasher said:
but i don't want to have every single file in 1 file, or something simliar, i just want it as if both of my hard drives have the same exact stuff on it.
i'll try out the data lifeguard tools for windows and see how it goes.

Like i keep tellin ya thats an image, exactly what the software im telling you about does. It makes an identical copy of one drive so ya can transfer to another. A mirror if ya wanna call it that

can someone do this for me...
download the 'data lifeguard tools for DOS' floppy thing, save the files to a floppy, then send me those files in a ZIP or RAR or something cause i don't have a floppy drive.

Back
Top Bottom