Backround programs

computer_noob89

Solid State Member
I've been playing BF2 and at random times it minimizes to the desktop then I can click it on the bottom and it comes back up, so I'm pretty sure it's something running in the backround. But when I hit Ctrl+Alt+Del the box that comes up showing processes running doesn't come up anymore. Is there another way to check backround programs running? Why doesn't it come up? What processes should I look for that should not be running while playing a game? Thanks.

Um well...

Disabling services/processes is a slippery slope if you don't know what is ok to shut off and what is not. You can lock your self out of your computer if not careful. Let me pm a helper to come by and give you a hand on this.

as to your other issue the taskmanager is turned off. A tweak may have done this or the game you are playing has temporarily disengaed it. The only other issue I have seen was from a virus attack

lurkswithin said:
as to your other issue the taskmanager is either turned off in the services. A tweak may have done this or the game you are playing has temporarily disengaed it. The only other issue I have seen was from a virus attach

How do I turn it back on?

It depends on what turned it off and how it was turned off. is there any error messages when you try to start it?
start >run> type this in and hit ok
taskmgr

edit> tell me what it says exactly<

lurkswithin said:
It depends on what turned it off and how it was turned off. is there any error messages when you try to start it?
start >run> type this in and hit ok
taskmgr

edit> tell me what it says exactly<

It says "Another program is currently using this file"

If you are not using any programs or anything at the moment then you need to run a virus scan.
If you used a tweak program and it closed it down then you need to use the same tweak program to open it back up.
It is that or get ready to edit the registry and I don't recommend that unless you are very familiar with doing it.

Hmm ... you may want to try to see what programs first run on your computer at startup
Go to run and type in 'msconfig' i always find that helpful and clears up abit of my cpu although not much, may help though :)

Back
Top Bottom