back up 20+ gigs???

boardordi3

Fully Optimized
wow, i can already tell this is gonna be a bitch, anyone know a good (logical) way to backup over 20 gigs of music/videos?

over a network if you have another pc, buy a cheap pack of cd rw's if you have a re writer, use an ipod if you have one, buy a cheap hdd to transfer onto . and thats all i can think of. i would personally buy some cheap rw's and do it that way or even dvd disks if your pc supports them

ya if u have dvd disks thats the best way to do it otherwise use cd-rs and if u dont have any kind of burner then well...u need to get one!

External hard drive...

I have a PC in the corner here with 200GB hard drive, which we just bang everything onto when we need to, I also got a couple of encolsures and some 10GB HDD's somewhere, might fix them up later....

But yeah, I would say different computer if the best way, or a decent external HDD.

I use an external hdd most of the time. But if u don't have one and don't want to buy one then u could just ask if u could like take ur pc to a friend and put the files on his comp.

Also since we are talking about only 20GB if u have a dvd burner then u could just burn a few dvds. Using CDs would be my last resort since for 20GB u are going to need about 30 CDs.

yeah, i was thinking dvds too, but i don't know how to burn data to a dvd (what program to use) as i normally only use them for movies

you can use nero, its fairly simple to burn a data dvd. Just hit make data dvd drag 4.7gbs worth of stuff and it willl burn it.

sounds good!
i'm gonna do that
then reinstall windows, i got like wayyyyy too much crap
lol
im gonna be gone for a cuple hours :(

Back
Top Bottom