Back With More Questions! (Hard Drives)

Tattered Wings

Baseband Member
Mmk so random questions will just pop into my head sometimes... Im constantly upgrading my pc so i thought it was time for some more space, BUT i noticed some prices that confused me. 1TB hd's as much as 160gb hd's??? The 160gb Hd's were labeled "Ultra Speed!!!" and crap like that. I realize that it has quicker download speeds than the 1TB but i wondered...does it give quicker in-game performance? Anyone willing to explain a lil bit bout hd's please do i looove learnin :D

The drive's speed wont necessarily help with overall gaming performance. It does help with loading speeds of programs and such though.

Mmk so random questions will just pop into my head sometimes... Im constantly upgrading my pc so i thought it was time for some more space, BUT i noticed some prices that confused me. 1TB hd's as much as 160gb hd's??? The 160gb Hd's were labeled "Ultra Speed!!!" and crap like that. I realize that it has quicker download speeds than the 1TB but i wondered...does it give quicker in-game performance? Anyone willing to explain a lil bit bout hd's please do i looove learnin :D

The read and write speed will be faster/slower depending on the drive. That means games will either install faster and/or load faster. Won't necessarily give you better in-game performance. That depends on your CPU, GPU, etc.

im assuming the 160GB are then Raptors/VelociRaptor HDDs?

I think those has faster read/write speed of 10,000 RPM, as opposed to the other 7,200 and below RPM.

I think it loads a couple to few seconds faster than other HDDs in games.
I think theses HDDs are good for transferring data, like if you have 2 of them or created 2 partitions of them, they will transfer files faster. With one of these HDD, OS will start up quicker, programs will start quicker, and etc (assuming the other parts of your system can keep up)

Back
Top Bottom