back in that age old dilemma.

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
after reading some more of the articles in a magazine called CustomPC, it has come swiftly to my attention that intel and AMDs CPUs are pretty evenly matched, bu the support for each is radically different. e.g. alot of companies make better mobo's for intel CPUs and are alot cheaper than AM2/AM3/3+ motherboards.

also, im contemplating going for dual-core instead of quad, what are you opinions on this?

my situation is alot of older games like resident evil 4, assassins creed (first one), max payne, ghost recon etc. and i want some good performance with world of warcraft :D

so 2 questions. AMD or Intel CPU? and also, dual or quad?

Before my current set up I ran AMD rigs and loved them. In fact I was going to go for a high end AMD set up but I jumped ship and went to Intel.

And I don't regret it one bit. I have lots of power and the 8 threads available make light work of the applications that I use, mainly audio production. Not saying that the AMD set up I was gonna go for wouldn't have done the job but the Intel crunches more numbers per clock and this means I won't have to upgrade anytime soon due to lack of CPU resources.

So I guess that answers one of your questions. I seriously don't see the point going for a dual core over a quad core just because you don't think you need it. What about next year? And the year after that? Multicore computing is on the up so don't get left behind.

AMD or Intel? Thats up to you. I had my reasons for going over to Intel but if AMD gave me what I needed I would've stuck with them.

Up until the i5 750, AMD nearly always has a better AM3 option in the price range, especially over the older LGA 775 setups.

Back
Top Bottom