Avoid Alienware!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st mistake. You never get a high performace laptop for work uses. Especally if you need a longer battery life. Im guessing you have a Athlon 64 or a P4. When you should of gone with a PM or a Turioun.

2nd mistake. P4s and 64's are not made for a laptop anyway. They cause tremdious amounts of heat.

You should of gone with a Toshiba or HP. Dells custmor support sucks i would avoid them.

Gah, if you are going to get an XPS, might as well get the Alienware 15 inch.

kev said:
Dells custmor support sucks i would avoid them.

No kiddin. Their friggin support is in Indonesia!!! Its like AOL support all over again. I dont even know why they would have it their the only people that will be on the customer support would be Hindu's speaking Hindi. I think more americans buy Dell's then Hindus thats just a guess though.

lol maybe but hindu's accept less payment making dell more money, thus we have to put up with their horrible speech. although i cant talk i got a lisp but some foreigners have realyl thick accents

Laptops arent for gaming, If I were to get a laptop itd be a convertible one (if it had good specs) Gateway has a nice one, only thing these places that sell computers already made for are their pdas and laptops, only because theres not a standard configuration so we can build our own.

laptops arent for performance anyway. They are for work related stuff.

I wouldent buy a Laptop without a extended service plan anyway. Go to your local CompUSA and buy their TAP program on your laptop.

Covers ... All acidently damage (including the screen)
All parts and labor (if you get the same problem 3 times they replace the laptop all together)
All upgrades are free (you buy the upgrade they put it in for free)
Free battery each year for the life of your plan (1 per year)

and its only $2-300 on most laptops.

well really alienware got a PC mag readers choice award so thats odd that u guys all think they are overrated. yes i do think their overpriced but for some people it's worth it, i mean if u buy it than it's worth it 2 ya, maybe not later but it was when u baught it. sometimes people do get the faulty systems, like my teacher kinda messed ^ his gateway laptop then blanmed it on my when the XP setup froze....and i seem 2 have alot of trouble with my custom built machine....*kicks it* maybe i just messed ^ or i just suck....lol. mark A.K.A sweet_jesus told me thats probably why i am good at troubleshooting is because i have 2 deal with mine all the time :( poor me but i guess the XP is good :) none the less if i buy a computer again it's not going 2 have an intel chipset...it might possibly even be amd but i doubt that...i have thought of getting the XPS laptop or somethin because portable gaming is nice...and they look awesome. i'd love 2 have 1! i just can't afford it

MooseMan said:
well really alienware got a PC mag readers choice award so thats odd that u guys all think they are overrated. yes i do think their overpriced but for some people it's worth it, i mean if u buy it than it's worth it 2 ya, maybe not later but it was when u baught it. sometimes people do get the faulty systems, like my teacher kinda messed ^ his gateway laptop then blanmed it on my when the XP setup froze....and i seem 2 have alot of trouble with my custom built machine....*kicks it* maybe i just messed ^ or i just suck....lol. mark A.K.A sweet_jesus told me thats probably why i am good at troubleshooting is because i have 2 deal with mine all the time :( poor me but i guess the XP is good :) none the less if i buy a computer again it's not going 2 have an intel chipset...it might possibly even be amd but i doubt that...i have thought of getting the XPS laptop or somethin because portable gaming is nice...and they look awesome. i'd love 2 have 1! i just can't afford it

You went from one subject to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom