AVG Free Anti-Virus

cantona

Daemon Poster
Hi

I have Grisofts AVG Free Anti-Virus and everything was going well until i updated it one time and it downloaded an update that triggered a problem with Outlook Express 6 to stop it from recieving emails. I wnet on their website and sure enough they had figured their was a problem and had provided a PDF file that solve the problem.

The PDF file explains that it is a problem with the firewall you are using and the update and they trigger something that prevents Outlook Express 6 from recieving mail. Unfortunately there are different ways of fixing problem with different firewalls and they have outlined how to get round problem only with particular firewalls and they have not given any info of getting round problem with my firewall (Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security 2005).

The link that explains the problem is:http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5645/lng/us/tpl/v5

And the link to the PDF file is: http://www.grisoft.com/doc/74/lng/us/tpl/tpl01

Choose version 70.8

Any help concerning getting round problem via my firewall would be much appreciated...sorry for typing so much (i now must rest my hands)

Thanx

I use AVG free but have never had an issue with not getting any mail. But then again I just use my router and the windows xp firewall.
I know pc-cillan is a good product but I am not up to its settings and all. But it seems to me after reading some of the other articles on fixing your issue it would basically be the same.
Uninstall AVG and clear it out and then reinstall it and set your fire wall to accept it when it is downloaded. That should set it straight. It does warn you of something trying to access the internet or download right. It should work.

this is the problem i cant remmeber getting a warning sign for trend micro avout allowing soemthing through the firewall?

i think i might try that now...you think if i copy and paste my original message it wont be to confusing for them?

Back
Top Bottom