Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-18-2007, 01:54 PM   #11
Fully Optimized
Send a message via MSN to blackjack
Default Re: Avg

Originally Posted by T-MAN View Post
Hi Brookfield, good to see you back. I have not heard many positive reports about AVG anti-spyware, I use COMODO BOClean, Spybot, A2 Free and Ad-aware, and have no problems. Is the AVG Internet Security free?
This is an excellent freeware Brookfield Ive been running with Commodo for 3months now and find it easy to use and set up is child's play

Compaq Presario CQ5305K-m Intel® Pentium® Dual Core E5300 (2.6 GHz), Windows® 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 2048 MB , Hard drive: 320 Gb, with 18.5 Widescreen
blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:10 PM   #12
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Avg

@Op, I wouldn't bother with the suite as has been posted here it is probably a "pay to use" scheme, there are plenty of free alternatives.

The rules of thumb for these programmes is simple, only one to be resident (running on the pc) at any one time to avoid clashes. You can have any amount of them installed just ensure only one of each is resident.

You say you have "Microsoft Protection", would you care to elaborate on that please? as in what exactly constitutes "Microsoft Protection" ?

I use AVG anti virus, antispyware and anti rootkit.

The only one I run in real time is the antivirus which has scheduled scans turned off, I like to scan when I want to. automatic updates are enabled.

I've used AVG free for years now and never had a virus.

E8600@ 4.25GHz, 1.325V | Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme + Scythe Slipstream 120 | Asus Rampage Extreme| 4GB Corsair 2000MHz 8-8-8-24 @ 1600 6-7-6-24| ASUS 9800GTX| Pioneer 18X SATA DVD-RW | 320GB + 500GB WD SATAII | Antec True Power Trio 650W | Thermaltake Sonata | Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 Ultimate
A True Folder is offline   Reply With Quote