Avg

Brookfield

Golden Master
AVG invite me upgrade to their "internet security", whatever that is, they say it protects against spyware spam & hackers, I already have spybot & Microsoft protection etc, would the upgrade work OK, or would it clash with these?

Hi Brookfield, good to see you back. I have not heard many positive reports about AVG anti-spyware, I use COMODO BOClean, Spybot, A2 Free and Ad-aware, and have no problems. Is the AVG Internet Security free?

It may clash with those other two although spybot is not real an antivirus solution, just detects spyware trojans when you run it

Thanks T-MAN, I'm glad to be back!!, yes it's the free one, d'you mean that if I click "upgrade" it may not be available with the free version??, I've had that for three years now, & it works fine.

spybot is great, detects registry changes.
i did not realise they had free internet security, im sure you have to pay...

Maurice, I have a personal dislike about all the AVG line of software. They're not the best service out there.

Interesting. I've been running AVG Free for years now without a hitch. Works great for me.

I'm not sure if their internet Security suite would clash with what you're already running. You would have to read the FAQ at their site to learn more about it.

Yeah, it'll ask you to upgrade, give you a trial, and then ask you to pay.
Just stick with the free :)

AVG anti spyware isn't too bad and doesn't conflict with other programs but the anti virus isn't all that great. It's good if you don't do much on your computer, but if you're going to pay for an anti virus then I'd say buy NOD32 or something good.

Back
Top Bottom