Average life span for a 120 gb SSD disk?

Wherewolf?

In Runtime
I have just bought a Samsung 840 EVO 120 gb. I'm curious on what life span such a disk may have average in years, when setting the disk to maximum performance in the Magician software? I have disabled the prefetches, indexing service and the hibernation.

AHCI are enabled and TRIM.

Anyone who have an idea?

Last edited:
It really depends on how much writing you do to the drive. However, unless the drive fails for some other reason, the life span is long enough that you will probably replace the drive or even replace the computer it's in before it wears out.

As far as a number of years, I have read that the average user can expect around 8 years of use from an SSD.

It really depends on how much writing you do to the drive. However, unless the drive fails for some other reason, the life span is long enough that you will probably replace the drive or even replace the computer it's in before it wears out.

As far as a number of years, I have read that the average user can expect around 8 years of use from an SSD.

Hi!

Thanks for the quick ansver.

Ok. then I wont have to worry about that the disk will likely fail me in a couple of years at least. :) And I probably will have moved the OS and games to a larger SSD anyway in 2 - 3 years time.

After getting an SSD, who wants the old, slow and noisy mechanical hdd's? :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom