Autorun in XP

Washington

In Runtime
Recently the autorun feature on both my disc drives has stopped. Can somebody please let me know how I can turn it back on? Also can you inform me as to how it got turned off in the first place?

I tried right clicking on the drives then properties then the autorun tab, but there are only options for music files, picture files etc. I want to be able to put a game disc in and for the game to kick in on its own without me having to go to the command console and search for the autorun file on the disc.

Thanks in advance.

Wierd!

Try taking out the drives, and swapping them over, like make your master your slave, then your slave your master..

Try different IDE cable, make sure IDE cable is in properley as well...

Can't see it being the cable because apart from the autostart not working the drives are fine.

It seems like an option has been turned off or something???

It's okay I sorted it.

Seems somewhere along the way something has disabled the autorun feature in the registry. Apparently if the value is set to '0' in the cdrom branch then the autorun is disabled (the default being '1') This seems to affect all drives.

I don't know how it got altered in the first place as I've certainly not gone into the registry to change it!

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom