Automatic Power down

HernanMiguel said:
Hi to all.

Well i presented the same problem as Parkins8, my computer worked fine for years, I leftit on as many times before and when i returned it was off and haven't been able to turn it on since then.

I have taken all hardware, memory, cards, etc. off the motherboard just leaving the AMD900 procesor, have try reseting the CMOS, I even bought a new powersupply but the same problems occurs, " I turn on the computer" the fan spins for about 2 seconds, no cpu o hhd led ever light up, i thought that the the power button is broken as it happend to Parkins8, so I took the wires, strip them to manually make contact but still the same problems "fan spins for 2 sec, then dies", the motherboard has power since the lights on the Keyboard light up as I turn the power swith on the power supply on, I then took a spare set of reset buttons that i have and try using them as reset and power button, and i get the same result "2 sec. fan spinning", i believe i need to change MoBo....

any suggestion?

Hernan
Worked fine for years ? How many years ? What are the specs ?
I hope it's not a 386/486 your asking about !
oops:so I took the wires, strip them to manually make contact
You actually did this.Oh My God help us.
:confused:
:p

Yeah i think you will find that the motherboard has gone had the same problem with my old computer . Sorry Mate.

Back
Top Bottom